When Do Ft. Pierce Residents Need Professional Fire Restoration Services?
SERVPRO Lessens Fire Damage with Quality, Efficient Restoration Methods in Ft. Pierce
Many homeowners try to roll up their sleeves to tackle house fire clean up on their own, especially if it seems like the damage is slight. However, hiring skilled technicians remains the best way to promptly ensure quality results for your Ft. Pierce property. Making uninformed decisions on your own with DIY methods can make matters worse, calling for more costly intervention in the future. SERVPRO ensures the best results with proven methods and advanced equipment. Additionally, We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, arriving at your door within hours of initial contact so that we can get started on your restoration project.
Any number of mishaps or instances could result in fire damage. How you address it and move forward with fire restoration in Ft. Pierce dictates the outcome. Some of the different causes of a fire we see include:
- A candle that has been knocked over
- Out-of-date wiring
- An unattended cigarette
- Grease/kitchen fire
- Overloaded extension cords
For some homeowners, feeling guilty about the cause of the fire is what brings on the attempt at DIY clean up. SERVPRO wants residents to know that we have trained fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) to get the project done faster and better than DIY alone. We come in and handle areas like:
- Water removal services to address moisture left from extinguishing flames
- Inspection to ensure structural integrity
- Indoor air quality (IAQ) assessment followed by HEPA filtration to pull odorous particles from the air
- Controlled demolition to remove and replace unsalvageable building materials
- Application of EPA-registered cleaning agents and deodorants to battle stubborn soot and smoke odors
(772) 266-2350 is the number you need to keep handy to reach SERVPRO of Port St. Lucie NE when you require prompt fire restoration assistance. We will always make it “Like it never even happened.”
Ft. Pierce Homeowners Trust SERVPRO with Fire Damage Restoration
How SERVPRO Tackles Odor During Fire Damage Restoration of Ft. Pierce Properties?
Neutralizing the odor is one of the biggest challenges during fire damage restoration of Ft. Pierce homes. Not all odors arising from smoke and fire damage are alike, so SERVPRO techs use various deodorizing techniques to combat them.
The deodorizing agent that SERVPRO techs use during fire damage restoration of your Ft. Pierce home depends on the type of odor. While some odors can be masked effectively, others can be too strong to be masked. SERVPRO techs use special chemical deodorizers called pairing agents to neutralize such strong odor-causing molecules after smoke damage.
What are Pairing Agents that SERVPRO Techs Use for Deodorization During House Fire Cleanup in Ft. Pierce?
Pairing gents used in fire-damaged homes in Ft. Pierce are chemicals that combine with (or pair with) odor-causing molecules. SERVPRO techs use several chemicals as pairing agents that can simultaneously act as masking agents as well. How a pairing agent neutralizes an odor-causing molecule depends on the chemical nature of the agent.
- A humectant is a pairing agent that absorbs the airborne odor molecules and causes them to precipitate. SERVPRO techs use such agents in the form of wet fog.
- A counteractant (or neutralizer), on the other hand, is an agent that combines chemically with odor particles and changes their chemical properties, thereby neutralizing the odor. Thermal fogging works by this process.
Call SERVPRO of Port St. Lucie NE at (772) 266-2350; our technicians are available 24/7 to assist you.
Skilled Fire Damage Restoration Ensures Your Ft. Pierce Property Gets Back to Normal
Ft. Pierce Residents can Count on SERVPRO for Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration and Excellent Customer Service
Whenever there is a fire, moisture is left from the water or chemicals used by first responders to extinguish the blaze. When attempting DIY house fire cleanup, many homeowners unknowingly leave moisture behind. SERVPRO features a multi-faceted approach to water & fire damage restorations to ensure your Ft. Pierce home gets restored to pre-fire condition.
Fire damage restoration in Ft. Pierce, with the help of SERVPRO, ensures no stone remains unturned. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, arriving within hours of your initial call to:
- Arrive on the job site, preview the fire and smoke damage loss, inspect and test areas to formulate a plan.
- Tackle all charred debris removal, carefully disposing of all unsalvageable materials.
- Perform pack-up/move-out for any items that should get stored or cleaned off-site.
- Put efforts into place allowing for any specialty drying situations - areas where moisture may have gotten into attics or crawl spaces, document drying, HVAC systems, cabinetry, and more.
- Perform controlled demolition, as needed, restoring your property followed by smoke remediation and deodorization to ensure it is left “Like it never even happened.”
Let us handle the damage when you need fire restoration services! Call SERVPRO of Port St. Lucie NE at (722) 266-2350, and we will send out an IICRC-certified crew as soon as possible to get to work.
How Does Smoke Damage Impact Port St. Lucie Homes?
With multiple threats from fire and soot damage in Port St. Lucie, our restorers can help with mitigation and cleaning.
Fire and soot damage in area homes and businesses can be a pressing concern, especially considering how rapidly these effects spread. Through open pathways like the air duct system and structural openings, fire and soot damage can overwhelm areas far from the ignition point. Smoke damage can impact the home in many ways, and we can help with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
- Smoke remediation
- Fire damage restoration
Indoor Air Quality Concerns
Fire and soot damage in Port St. Lucie homes can show immediately when our professionals first arrive at the property. Floating debris, ash, and soot particles can create a volatile and hazardous environment for those exposed. Our responding technicians suit up with respirators and even SCBA equipment to maintain safe breathing conditions and avoid carcinogenic threats when installing HEPA filtration equipment in the household. Running these air scrubbers and similar tools can benefit the property in several ways, including:
- Reducing safety hazards from fire and soot damage exposure
- Reducing the severity and thickness of soils and residues on surfaces
- Reducing the power of present smoke odors
Soot-Covered Surfaces and Contents
Circulating soot can come to rest on surfaces and contents throughout the property and pose a unique threat for occupants of the house. The acidic composition of these particles forming a residue on finished and sensitive surfaces can erode and degrade these materials. Our SERVPRO team must utilize the data collected during the job scoping phase to identify where the most pressing of these concerns exist and begin sample testing surfaces for the right solvent, detergent, or abrasive cleaning strategy to loosen and remove present soot.
Removing Smoke Damage Odors
Odors can be another obstacle for responding technicians created by fire and soot damage in area houses. Soot can be a widespread concern, but smoke also travels through pathways like the HVAC system and structural openings to spread harsh odors throughout the property. Counteractant products can begin to challenge the formidable presence of fire and soot damage, such as granules and beads, but it is our numerous deodorization tools that finish this effort. Through both on-site and off-site cleaning and recovery options, our SERVPRO team can use several pieces of equipment to overcome harsh smells, including:
- Ozone machines/generators
- Hydroxyl generators
- ULV foggers
- HEPA air scrubbers and vacuums
Fire Restoration Repairs and Reconstruction
While smoke damage does not always require repairs and reconstruction, having a team of professionals equipped with a commercial contractor license (CBC1261730) can offer homeowners additional assistance when build-back might be needed. From controlled demolition needs necessary to eliminate soot-damaged building materials to the replacement of these discarded structural elements, we have efficient approaches to help. We are a one-stop shop for fire restoration, recovery, and repairs.
Despite how challenging fire and soot damage might become, our SERVPRO of Port St. Lucie NE team is equipped and experienced to help. We are ready 24/7 at (772) 266-2350.